Railway rubber solutions and components
TEKNICROSS® is scalable, customizable rubber level crossings solution.
The proven element system is in use around Europe, from light pedestrian to heavy vehicle traffic.
TEKNICROSS® Rubber level crossings is suitable for:
- normal to heavy vehicle traffic
- light traffic lanes
- pedestrian crossing
- agricultural driving
- low traffic private roads
- maintenance level crossings
Outer element options
TEKNICROSS® Pedestrian for safe crossing
- Type A without concrete support beams, optionally also without rail groove
TEKNICROSS® Heavy Duty for vehicle traffic
- Type B with concrete support beams
Benefits and features
Proven solution meeting European rail industry standards.
- Extreme weather and wear resistance
- Proven in arctic conditions (self-cleaning feature for ice and snow)
- Safe for pedestrians, cyclists and heavy vehicle traffic
- Customization according to rail and sleeper type
- The scalable solution is fast and easy to install directly to rail.
- No specific tools are needed.
- Note: The optional concrete support beams are not included in our delivery.
Teknicross® element system is proven – even in arctic conditions
» As a Nordic industrial design product, Teknicross® rubber level crossings endure harsh weather and minus degrees.
» The selected rubber materials of are highly resistant to wear.
» Teknicross® is also available with custom design and fixing.
» With in-house design and manufacturing we offer fast delivery and competitive pricing.
» The best installation option is fixing the crossing directly to the track.
READ AN ARTICLE:
A new tramway is been built for the city of Tampere, Finland, by Tampere Tramway Ltd. The total length of line tracks is 15 kilometers and the the number of lines is two: Hervanta line and TAYS line, connecting from the city centre to Hervanta and Tampere University Hospital. The project was started in 2017 and the tramway traffic is planned to be started by 2021. Teknikum TEKNICROSS® rubber level crossings are included in the infrastucture at several road intersections, allowing safe crossing for vehicles and pedestrians.
Customized solution according to rail type and environment
Teknikum Group’s Business Unit Director of Moulded products, Mr. Riku Sivula, tells about the solution:
“Like we usually do, these rubber level crossings were custom designed for this project to meet the local requirements. Our modular TEKNICROSS® elements are easy to fit for different rail types and our design library consist of hundreds of types already – so the work goes swiftly. Also, we have thought a lot about enabling easy fixing. Our elements can be attached directly to rails without specific tools needed.”