Updated 31 July 2018
Teknikum Group is responsible for processing personal data in Group-level business operations in line with the purposes and legal bases described in this policy, such as marketing, sales, procurement, financial and other administration, customer and supplier relationship management, as well as the analysis and development of products, services and business operations.
Each Group company is responsible for the processing of personal data in its business operations in line with the purposes and legal bases described in this policy and may use personal data collected by the other Group companies for the same purposes, such as the implementation of agreements between the Group company and its customers and suppliers and the management of its customer and supplier relationships.
2. Contact information for the data register
Contact information for the main location:
Nokiankatu 1, 38210 Sastamala, Finland
Tel. +358 (0)3 51911 (switchboard)
3. Name of the data register
Teknikum’s customer and supplier register
4. Legal bases and purposes of personal data processing
The legal bases of personal data processing are as follows:
- The implementation of an agreement between the controller and a company (hereinafter “Companies”) acting as its customer, subcontractor or partner, as well as the implementation of measures prior to the agreement at the data subject’s request
- The controller’s legitimate interest in managing its customer, supplier and other relationships with the Companies
- The controller’s legitimate interest in direct marketing its products and services to contact persons representing its existing and prospective corporate clients
- The controller’s fulfilment of its obligations based on the national laws of its countries of operation
- Consent provided by a data subject for using location information and collecting data about their use of the controller’s online and mobile services through cookies, advertising identifiers or similar technical monitoring methods for purposes compliant with this policy.
The controller processes data included in the register for the following purposes:
- The delivery and acquisition of products and services
- The creation, management, maintenance and development of customer, supplier and other relationships between the controller and the Companies
- The planning and development of business operations, products and services
- Satisfaction surveys and other communication based on the relationship between the Companies and the controller
- Opinion and market surveys and the organisation of competitions for marketing purposes and other events
- The direct marketing of the controller’s and its partners’ products and services and the targeting of such marketing operations (including newsletters) by phone, email, SMS and other electronic means
- Online and mobile marketing and its targeting
- The detection, prevention and investigation of abuse, fraud and other criminal activity
- Analysis, profiling, segmentation and the compilation of statistics for the purposes mentioned above
5. Data content of the register and data storage periods
The register can include the following information about customers:
– Email address
– Mobile or other phone number
– Organisation and position
– Organisation’s address information
– Connection log
– Information about the use of social media:
Social media functionalities (i.e. social media add-ons), such as LinkedIn or Facebook Like button or Share button for sharing content, may be used on the controller’s website. Facebook may disclose to the controller information about the comments and links that the user has shared on Facebook concerning the controller’s website. Facebook may also disclose to the controller the information included in the user’s public profile, as well as other information that the Facebook user shares with the controller’s services.
Companies providing social media add-ons are responsible for their respective add-ons. Information about their privacy policies is provided in their online services, e.g. Facebook: https://fi-fi.facebook.com/privacy/explanationand LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/legal/preview/privacy-policy
Personal data is stored for as long as it is necessary for its purpose of use in compliance with the applicable laws.
6. Regular sources of information of the register
Information for the register is regularly collected from the data subjects themselves when they use the website, place an order, fill in a contact or other form, enter into an agreement, participate in an event or contact the controller personally or by phone or electronic means. Personal data may also be collected from and updated based on publicly available data sources, such as corporate websites, the Trade Register and other public and private registers (e.g. Suomen Asiakastieto Oy) and similar registers of companies and decision-makers.
7. Regular disclosure of data
Our carefully selected subcontractors may process the data subjects’ data on our behalf, in accordance with instructions provided by us.
8. Transfer of data to non-EU or non-EEA countries
To implement the service, we may use service providers and software located on servers outside the EU (e.g. sending a newsletter using MailChimp software).
9. Principles of register protection
The data may only be used by individuals who are entitled to process the data as part of their work. The data is stored in locked facilities that are protected by means of access control. Electronic data is protected by means of firewalls and access rights management (personal user IDs and passwords) and by other technical means.
10. Data subjects’ right of access and other rights
The data subjects have the right to access and review the data stored about them in the personal data register and to demand that inaccurate data be rectified.
The data subjects are entitled to prohibit the controller from processing their personal data for the purposes of direct advertising, distance sales and other direct marketing, as well as market and opinion surveys.
In line with the General Data Protection Regulation, the data subjects have the right to object to the processing of their personal data or to request that the processing of their personal data be restricted. They also have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Ombudsman concerning the processing of their personal data.
To ensure data protection, the data subjects must provide proof of their identity when requested to do so.
Cookies on Teknikum’s website
Cookies are small text files sent to and stored on the user’s computer. Cookies do not harm users’ computers or files. It is good to keep in mind that cookies may be necessary for the adequate provision of certain services.
Our website uses session cookies and tracking cookies. The session cookies are deleted once the browser is closed.
On our website, we use third-party analytics software (Google Analytics), which stores a tracking cookie on the user’s computer. This cookie can be used to determine whether the visitor is a returning visitor, for example.
The user’s browser indicates whether a tracking cookie has already been stored. If a tracking cookie cannot be detected, a new cookie will be stored on the browser. We never disclose the user data generated by tracking cookies to third parties.
- The user’s IP address
- Pages visited
- Browser type
- The URL referrer from which the user arrives on Teknikum’s website
- The server from which the user arrives on Teknikum’s website
- The domain from which the user arrives on Teknikum’s website
Cookies can be disabled in most browsers.
Live chat and contact form by Giosg
We offer our site visitors the possibility to get instant customer service via live chat or contact form. The chat service platform is provided by Giosg. Read their GDPR notification here.
Teknikum will not collect customers contact details for further use, unless it’s specifically asked by the customer (e.g. for providing an offer). During the service the customer is in direct contact with Teknikum Group’s personnel and no information is given to third parties.